ensemble pour toujours

ensemble pour toujours
äktenskap

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Its my 33rd

Other people would want to keep it a secret but NOT me.
I love April 20. I appreciate the date. I am thankful that there is such a date.

Its not about the big celebrations but the joy of having people remember me in this crazy, hurried world - that  IT IS MY BIRTHDAY!

There are only two birthday parties that really stood out in my memory.
One, is on my 7th birthday, when I had a big children's party at the backyard of my grandparents house in Butuan City. But that is not what made the day special, its because of that extra birthday cake that my Tito Dongkoy and Tito Honey had for me. A rectangular buttercake with white icing and green trimmings on the side. We enjoyed the cake in the evening with 3 or 4 of my childhood friends around. Yayang, Honey and the other two... I wish I had kept that picture taken in the sala of the house that I called home for the first nine years of my life. I was told that the house is no longer there.The street of Del Pilar is no longer the same. 
Second, is on my 18th year, in MSU, a generous gift from Tita Mila and Tito Lando. Classmates from summer class were present, and I distinctly remember, being worried, that food would run out. I don't usually have classmates on my birthday. They did sang songs -"harana."

My parents were not with me on these dates. =(
Its far too complicated to  write. For now.
Daddy, Mommy and Mama have died already. 
My sister, Wela, who was born on April 19, 364 days after me, has a baby of her own.
Papa has a family of his own with four more kids.
...

There will always be lessons.
 




...
I started the day singing "Happy Birthday to me...." and my husband joining "Happy Birthday to you...."

...
Patiently waiting.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment