ensemble pour toujours

ensemble pour toujours
äktenskap

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Clinic Hours

My husband would have preferred for me to have the usual out-patient clinic hours that other physicians keep -  the nine to five thing with lunch break in between and the occasional after office hours consultations. Instead, I am keeping a twelve noon to nine in the evening clinic from Monday to Saturday. It is unconventional but it does serve its purpose(s).
The hospital I am affiliated with is trying to up-build her emergency and ambulatory care services. Based on the patient census, this is the time wherein most patients and their families would come to the ER for consultations; and they are not necessarily emergency cases. Most of the time, its either their preferred physicians are no longer holding clinic for the day or has reached a limit in the number of patients to be seen for the day. Or they just do not want to wait, period. The "OPD-ER Extension Clinic" will decongest the ER of the non-emergency cases- somehow discipline the clients about emergency cases vs ambulatory cases. 
This schedule has also allowed me to have late mornings, spending it with my husband over brunch in most days of the week. I can also schedule errands/other appointments in the morning;  and starting this June, I can hold classes in the medical school in the morning. The morning is also spent catching up with other administrative work for the residency training program.
Since I have always believed that there is always a time and a season for everything, I am pretty sure that there will be more reasons for me to keep this schedule in the days to come. And yes, my husband has come to accept this schedule and has also found ways to "complement" my schedule.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment