ensemble pour toujours

ensemble pour toujours
äktenskap

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

nights (and days) with you

I have 1440 minutes in a day. Most of my time is spent with patients and working for the hospital. When I am not in my dorm room, it is either I am facing the computer screen to complete my writing assignments or trying to finish reading the book for the nth time.
When my husband is in town to be with me, I wish I could have more than the 1440 minutes. It is a dilemma. A routine that I have for so long can get awry and turn topsy-turvy leading to tension.
As much as I wanted to be with him, I sometimes would prefer him to come on those days when I do not have deadlines to meet and there are no 24-hour duties to make.
I find it hard to concentrate on the things I needed to do for work and be a wife, at the same time. I have to make an effort to let him understand why I am working with such hours. I do understand that it is not easy for him to be waiting on me. I can feel how frustrating it is to have not all the time for each other.
We talk but we do not understand each other's point of view. We talk again to again and sometimes we cry until a compromise is met.
Then we go to sleep late in the night, wake up to a new morning and do things in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment