ensemble pour toujours

ensemble pour toujours
äktenskap

Thursday, May 10, 2012

So, What Now?

I have been sad borderline frustrated about how the Team is handling my case. They are still "talking" about my application for admitting privileges. They asked the Department of Family Medicine to furnish them with an guidelines for admissions, for which I helped in drafting.  I can only guess about their perception of Family Medicine. Is this about patient turfing? I don't know, because I feel its too lame to be used as an excuse. After all, it is a specialty both here and abroad, even qualified to be gatekeepers of health care in Europe. Patience is a virtue.

 ____x____

I received two significant emails today that got me excited; which I am taking as one of the unique ways God is encouraging me to pursue what He has prepared for me. 


1.   A patient with chronic pain from the United States inquired through the Filipino Doctor for a physician who could help him with his pain as he is preparing to spend his retirement in Dumaguete City. I hope I will be able to practice what I have learned from my fellowship on pain management. Most importantly, that I can make a difference in the life of this patient and his family.

2. The most exciting of it all, is knowing that a Sillimanian based abroad, is interested in starting a community palliative care program. I have committed to help her in this endeavour. Based on this first exchange, she wanted to start by educating the students and the Silliman community about what palliative care is and its goals. 

_____x_____

Julius and I are currently in the "medical process" of finding out if we can have children or not. We have been married for almost three years and there is no sign of a baby yet. Hopeful.

____x____

People and circumstances may delay it but truly they could not stop it.

1 comment:

  1. hi doc! :-) You sound fairly busy, setting up the practice in DC... I hope you'll get through the last of the red tape soon enough. The start of any endeavor is always met with resistance.. all my best!

    ReplyDelete