ensemble pour toujours

ensemble pour toujours
äktenskap

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Dear Manong

Dear Manong,
 
Thank you for staying with me during the entire duration of my fellowship year at PGH. Your sacrifice is so much appreciated. I know how difficult it must be for you to be "idle" when you are so used to working. Your humility and patience is beyond words.
I will always remember you sitting in one of the benches at the back of the OPD building, being pestered by the notoriously big mosquitoes of PGH; while waiting for me to finish my patient's rounds.
During the waiting periods, you must have memorized the floor plan of the nearby Robinson's Place like the back of your hand. How you have discovered little shops/big sales and places to eat inside that mall... Mangoong, Hongkong noodles....
I admire you for finding ways to make your time productive - going into training for small/medium enterprises at E.Rodriguez in Quezon City. You braved the afternoon traffic so you could pick me up right on time.
Our space here in Makati is in order because of your organization skills... You have surprised me many times with a clutter-free work table.
Metro Manila is not so scary for me for you have accompanied me to places that I used to see only in the papers or on TV. The rackets with the TV networks and motorcycle shows, the Walk this Way and The Stamp Tour...
How your face beamed during the graduation and How you uttered a prayer of thanksgiving... even on that late afternoon  after the exit exam.

You have made the stay in Manila much more bearable by agreeing to stay; and not venture into some faraway ocean. Thank you for allowing me to be selfish of your attention.

The year has been tough but you have softened the blows.

I will always thank the heavens for sending you to me and that I belong to you.

I Love You.

Yours aLways,

Manang



My Julius I. Samares ^-^
 

No comments:

Post a Comment